Easiest way for book publishers and authors to team up with translators and sell their books in multiple languages globally.
We are looking for a VP of Technology who wants to join a proven startup and help it grow dramatically. Role is part-time, with an initial 10 hours per week.
Babelcube makes it easy for book publishers and self-published authors (rights holders) to team up with translators and sell their books in multiple languages globally. Most books are only in one language due to the upfront cost of translation. Babelcube removes this barrier. Translators are paid via a share of royalties—a true partnership.
Babelcube provides a platform for publishers and self-published authors to connect and communicate with translators, agreement management, book formatting, distribution to 100s of retailers, and royalty collection and distribution.
The company launched in 2014 and has experienced a strong growth trajectory. Your responsibilities will include:
- Enhance the technology through development of new technology functionality
- Assist with strategy development of new opportunities: user experiences, additional products,and more efficient operations
- Support customer support when technology issues arise
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for turning ideas into reality
- Problem solver who likes to create practical solutions
- Innovator who can take a project from concept through implementation
- Passionate about melding business and technology
- Team player
- Extensive PHP experience
- Knowledge of the Symfony framework, preferred. Else, knowledge of other PHP frameworks likeLaravel or Zend
- Knowledge of Unix server maintenance and tools: SSH, file management, etc
- Understanding of cloud services—Amazon AWS preferred
- Extended knowledge of MySQL databases
- Knowledge of communicating with external APIs and of processing data files (XLS, CSV, etc), preferred but not required
- Effective communicator in EnglishYou will earn a share of profits, which will increase as the company grows, and there is an opportunity to earn equity in the company.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org