Website Start-Up Nation Technology Fairs
Start-Up Nation Technology Fairs Company Coordinator
A joint effort between Hasbara Fellowships and Israel Ideas, Start-Up Nation Technology Fairs is an exciting initiative that engages university students about Israel through a lens that goes “beyond the conflict” of the Middle East. The Technology Fairs educate and expose a wide range of university students to Israeli technologies, innovators and entrepreneurs. This is one of the most exciting new Israel advocacy programs on campus today.
During 2018, our goal is to organize 15-20 campus-based Start-Up Nation Technology Fairs, combining a professional expo floor format showcasing 10-12 early-stage Israeli companies, along with Innovation Panel Discussions and Shark Tank events for students. Each event will also have a “Job Fair” component, offering internship opportunities with Israeli companies in both the US and Israel.
The Company Coordinator is responsible for recruiting Israeli start-up hi-tech companies and securing their participation in the Start-Up Nation Technology Fairs. The Company Coordinator will network through the Israeli start-up ecosystem in both in the US and Israel, build and maintain relationships with senior executives of early-stage Israeli companies to solicit their participation in our programs. Communications will be directly with company CEO’s in many cases – and with marketing directors in others. By gaining an understanding of company business models, the Coordinator will determine their value proposition for our student-oriented events, and select companies for Tech Fair participation.
The Company Coordinator will manage a budget for company travel reimbursement, and work closely with companies in the Tech Fair execution phase. This will include logistics planning, securing company graphics for our in-house produced signage, as well as on-campus promotion of internship opportunities and company brand. The Company Coordinator will work cooperatively with our Campus Coordinator and Logistics Manager in the final event implementation stages.
The position demands an energetic and enthusiastic self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit a genuine interest in new technologies, who works in an efficient, well organized manner. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are a must.
● Company Recruitment – contact senior executives via email and phone, using both personal networking skills and introductions from Israel Consulates and program partners. Explain market opportunities presented by Start-Up Nation Tech Fairs. Secure participation in events and present internship program opportunities. Ensure alignment of goals, and coordinate travel planning.
● Logistics – communicate event details and planning with Expo floor exhibitors, arrange participation in panel discussions and Shark Tank judge panels, and confirm travel arrangements to assure smooth event implementation.
● Internships – Oversee the process of companies offering internships at the Fairs, including collecting all pertinent information about the internships, organizing an effective internship application process, and ensuring the company follow-up process for applications runs smoothly.
● Marketing – work with company execs ensure we present their brand properly on campus. Obtain company graphics for in-house sign production. Provide Campus Coordinators with copy and graphics for on-campus social media marketing.
● Event Implementation – team participation to optimize Technology Fairs.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered. Travel to campus events necessary.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with email subject: Start-Up Nation Company Coordinator.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org