Build applications that track the movement of your business
Developers want to upgrade from location-based services to movement-based services. HyperTrack is
accelerating that move. The stack for movement looks quite different from that of location. Mobile OS and
sensors provide location, activity and health data. Keeping pace with new devices and systems is hard.
Striking the right balance between accuracy, battery efficiency and real-timeness is hard. Packaging the
movement data into the right abstractions to integrate into the application is hard. Taming the expensive
and complex world of maps to consume this data is hard. We solve these problems so developers can
focus on what is core to their business.
We are strong believers in the principles of humility, respect, trust, and patience as foundational pillars of
a successful company and engineering culture.
This role is responsible for design, development, support, and maintenance of HyperTrack mobile SDKs
for multiple target mobile platforms. This includes designing and implementing mobile SDK modules on
iOS to interact with external HyperTrack platform APIs. Candidates for this role must be able to work from
HyperTrack San Francisco HQ.
● Design and implement scalable and functionally resilient REST and gRPC APIs for both customer
facing and internal backend systems
● Support and cultivate product mindset culture, by working directly with HyperTrack customers and
product management to understand customer needs, perform customer requirement analysis,
and collaborate on roadmap planning and its execution
● Analyze and plan feature set growth and migration while preserving existing customer
experiences with design and planning for backward and forward compatible APIs
● Collaborate with distributed world wide global team with offices in India and Ukraine
● Advocate for best practice development methodologies across the entire team and help iterate on
software development processes and standards.
● Design and implement features with a high degree of test coverage for all code written, including
unit and automated regression tests
● Demonstrate flexibility and leadership in handling challenges while remaining focused on the
responsibility of creating sustainable and scalable platform code base
Experience & Skills Required:
● 5+ years working with modern languages like Golang and Python
● 3+ years of experience building REST and gRPC APIs, especially for developer tools and
● Deep understanding of developing distributed applications in a containerized environment, e.g.
twelve factor application development
● Experience with Python frameworks such as Flask and Django are preferred
● Strong Object Oriented design skills with deep knowledge of architecture and design patterns
● Expert knowledge of best practice software development methodologies and coding standards
● Strong and proven advocacy for Test Driven Development is strongly preferred
● Experience with NoSQL database engines such as DynamoDB and Redis
● Production experience in running cloud based enterprise-grade systems at scale
● Natural ability to process requirements, figure out multiple execution options, their complexities,
and estimate scope of work required to get tasks done
● Finally, and most importantly, drive, energy, and motivation to succeed with delivering great
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to work across with geographic
locations and across multiple time zones
● BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
● Experience with container orchestration systems like ECS and Kubernetes
● Past experience in public cloud deployments (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure)
● Significant startup company experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com