Student Driven Digital Portfolios
Seesaw is growing quickly (we’re already in 1/4 schools in the US!) and we’re looking to hire our first dedicated Backend Infrastructure Engineer. For this role we’re looking for someone with prior experience scaling a consumer scale service (to millions of active users), as well as someone who is excited to dive into the scaling challenges in front of us.
As a small company your role and responsibilities will be fluid, but will include:
- Building a new backend service for a new feature we’re launching.
- Building our infrastructure for load testing, monitoring, and making sure we’re keeping our servers up with demand.
- Helping coordinate security audits and working to make sure Seesaw stays safe and secure for our community (we keep student work safe! Security cannot be overstated!).
- Improving the efficiency of our architecture to help us manage costs as we scale.
- Working on internal tools and processes to make sure our engineering team is as efficient as possible.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of working experience, at least one of which is in a similar role.
- Hands on experience working on a product with millions of active users.
- At least some prior Python experience.
- Prior experience working with AWS services (EC2, S3, Dynamo, ElasticSearch, Cloudfront) is a big plus.
Working at Seesaw
– We’re a small team, so you’ll have a chance to shape many aspects of our product and company, from the experience in the classroom to the infrastructure running our apps.
– In almost every role we’re figuring out how to operate at scale — whether it’s figuring out our engineering processes or sales approach, you’ll have the opportunity to impact the culture of Seesaw and how the company works.
– We are well funded and have an experienced team. You’ll work side by side with creators & leads of some products you know — Google Calendar, Picasa, Google Groups, Google Maps, Facebook Platform.
– We care about building a diverse and inclusive team and welcome people from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. The K-12 market represents an incredibly diverse user-base and we want to best advocate for the needs of this community.
– We prioritize an environment that balances work & life. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
– Our product enables students to learn in new and meaningful ways everyday. At Seesaw, we strive to bring that same enthusiasm for learning to our work.
– We offer comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, free lunch, and 401(k) matching.
At Seesaw, our mission is to create an environment where students can be their best.
For us, this means:
– Empowering students to take ownership of their learning, and to reflect on their progress over time.
– Giving students tools to show what they know in the way that works best for them.
– Inspiring students to try their best by providing an audience for their work beyond the classroom.
– Creating a meaningful home-school connection so parents can better support their child’s learning.
We’re just at the beginning of this journey, but already we’re seeing tremendous impact. After our first school year, Seesaw was used in 200,000 classrooms in over 25,000 schools – including 1 in 4 schools in the US. We’re at a unique time where our product is clearly working but we’re just beginning to scale, and you can be a key part of something big.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com